Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

PLEASE READ - SHIPPING ISSUE - PLEASE READ!!!

Hey everyone, first of all thanks to all of those who trade with me and who hold contests that allow me to win stuff... it's very much appreciated and my collection wouldn't be the same without you all. I've had a problem in the past few weeks that started with a $50 eBay purchase coming up missing with a "delivered" delivery confirmation and the mailman saying there was no large package delivery on the day in question. Since then, it seems my baseball card packages have been disappearing in the mail, either at the post office or after it's been delivered. I cannot determine who is stealing my stuff, so I'm going to change my address for deliveries to my work address. If you currently are waiting to ship me something, please contact me via E-MAIL to get my new shipping address. (BA BENNY, I know you'll need this for the group break in progress, please don't let me forget!!!). I'm not sure exactly what all I have out there that hasn't shipped, so I apologize for any inconvenience, and for living in the ghetto where thugs think stealing mail is funny. If you really feel you'd rather ship to my home address, let me know and I'll PayPal you some money to get Signature Confirmation so that I'm sure I'll get it. I'm also pondering getting a P.O. box, but then again I don't know how much I trust my local post office. Grrr...

What I think happened is that the eBay package was delivered to the wrong address, and the person that got it thought "WOW, this person gets baseball cards in the mail! I can sell these! YAY! He's not home during the day, I can go steal from his mail box now too!!!!" Jerks!!!! It was a complete set of 2007 Allen and Ginter with 91 mini's and the Dick Perez insert collection. I got a steal of a deal on eBay and well, now I'm sitting here angry with no recourse. Ebay won't refund my money because it was confirmed as delivered, and USPS won't pay for it because it wasn't insured. I'm pissed. I've gone around and around with the post master and filed a complaint but got no where with it. There's nothing that can be done at this point.

Thanks, you can now return to your normally scheduled programs/lives.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear it. Hope you solve the problem soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got mine right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about this issue. I've had two or three missing packages over the past seven or eight years... and each time it happens, I consider getting a mailbox at a place like Mailboxes Etc. I'm just not sure if I want to dish out extra money that could be spent on cards.

    Hope you're able to resolve the issue and find the thief.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I did Ben. I meant to mention that but forgot. I did get your cards and I certainly do appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Fuji...

    On a side note, if anyone has sent me something and I haven't mentioned it on the blog, PLEASE let me know. I'm trying to make a list of stuff that's missing to report to USPS. I've lost track of stuff (especially some contest winnings I was pretty sure I should have gotten by now) so just let me know if you have mailed something and you're unsure if I received it. THANKS!!!!

    ReplyDelete