Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

My Greatest Memorabilia Pick Up - EVER

Alright everyone, I've teased this for a few weeks. It's finally mine. It was Trade Night at the LCS (and I won some great stuff as well, more on that later). But a fellow collector, and blog reader, Bobby won a prize a couple months ago that I coveted. I was obsessed, I wanted to win it myself but alas his lucky ticket was pulled. He did the cool thing and allowed to either trade or outright buy it. Since my wife got a job a month or so ago, we set aside some cash just for this... a bat... not just any bat though... a bat with a plaque... and some autographs... that's right, not just one but three auto's... behold:

SAY WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!


This thing is awesome and it's going to look AMAZING in a display box on my wall!

One obvious point here, this bat was signed some time between September 26, 1981 and June 11, 1990, as Nolan's inscription clearly states that he has "5 No Hit". Anyways, this is amazing. I wish it had come with some type of COA, but I plan on taking this to the next TriStar show and having it authenticated on-site.

Anyways, I am super excited to have this part of my collection, and no it is not for trade... Greg, I know it's signed by Koufax but it's my toy and you can't have it. :-D

9 comments: