Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

COMC Haul - Day 22 - What's In A Name? A lie apparently...

This card comes from 2001 Fleer Platinum RC. The subset has a goofy pun-ish name: National Patch Time. Really? Stupid name... just stupid, especially when there is no patch involved in the card:
It does have a nice pinstripe that is vaguely itching at my OCD of wanting straight lines. But no patch. Liars. The design is great, I love the bat, ball and glove in the back ground. The picture is great, any card that incorporates that stance is awesome. Believe me, I tried mightily to copy that stance only to flail at pitches and look like a total buffoon.

GO TEXANS!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I tried to leave a comment but I think my reader failed to submit it properly. Lets try again.

    I copied Bagwell's stance when I was popping up a lot, at least in the cages. It seemed to help retrain me from stepping too far. It actually is pretty good for me if I just want to make contact though I can't get a lot of power behind it.

    And I've seen the patch version of those. It makes sense in the end. I guess they didn't want to call it jersey time. That would seem too ... Situation-al.

    ReplyDelete