Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

COMC Haul - Day 19 - A Biggio!!!!

So we are out of the Berkman phase... and onto what will be the VERY short lived Biggio phase. Somehow I only managed to buy one Biggio GU card during this binge... so here it is!

So that's a 2005 Leaf Certified Materials Blue Mirror Game Used Jersey /100!!!! Wow that's a long card title to type out! This card is awesome, from the foil board front to the numbering on the back. I love it.

I am still on the "First Ballot HOF" bandwagon for Biggio. If Larkin is in, with a similar if not slightly less impressive resume, then Biggio is a cinch to get in. With 3,000 hits, the NL HBP record, 291 career HR and an All-Star at 2 positions, well I'm just scratching the surface of his accomplishments. Yes, I'm a homer, but I really think Biggio was one of the best of all time. Alomar is the player most comparable in my opinion. In the "similarity scores" on Baseball-Reference.com, he is ranked against 10 similar players, (8) of which are HOF'ers. Anyways, I've got my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. Would you be interested a 2007 Masterpiece Green Border Biggio? Let me know

    ReplyDelete