Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

CONTEST RE-POST - IF YOU ALREADY ENTERED, YOU MUST RE-ENTER

Alright everyone, I'm truly sorry that I must do this. Please, if you have already entered my contest for the Tri City Sports PL promo, you are going to have to re-enter, per TCSP. I apparently erred in my stating of the rules, and I must re-do it. Hopefully I can contact all of you via e-mail to re-do this...

Here's the RE-POSTING OF THE CONTEST:


It's been a while since I ran a contest, and Tri City Sports PL has provided me with an opportunity to run one!

I've been selected to receive a free promo box of the 2012 Diamond Cuts product. This box will contain at least one cut autograph numbered /5 or less, as well as a /50 stamp card from the subset "History of Our Fathers. More information about the set can be found here. Once again, Tri City Sports PL has promised some big names and special features in this product.

Here is how the contest will work:
1) Please head over to the Tri City Sports PL website to register as a member. In order to be a winner, and for Tri City Sports PL to mail you your card, you must be a registered member of the site. So please head over there and register!
2) You get one guess, and that guess must be posted as a comment on this blog post with your username from the Tri City Sports PL website. 
3) You will be guessing the TEAM (city listed on card) and DECADE OF DEBUT (1930's-1970's) for the player who is pulled as my cut auto in the promo box. For instance, if I pull Mickey Mantle the winning guess would be NEW YORK (AL) - 1950's. Baseball-Reference.com will be used to validate year of debut. Team will be the team indicated on the face of the card, may not necessarily be the team the player debuted with. For instance, if Nolan Ryan is the cut auto pulled from the product and he is shown as a Ranger, the correct answer will be TEXAS - 1960's. IF someone guesses this correctly, you will receive via mail, a cut auto of your own numbered /5 or less directly from Tri City Sports PL.
4) Only one entry per person, and once a TEAM-DECADE combo is guessed, no one else can guess the same combination, duplicate entries will be ignored so the first person to guess the combo will get the prize based on order of comments left.
5) In the case that no entry correctly guessed the TEAM-DECADE combo correctly the main prize will not be awarded, however all entrants will be entered into a randomization for the /50 stamp card that is pulled from the box. All entries will be entered regardless of whether they got part or none of the TEAM-DECADE combo correct. The randomization button will be hit three times and whomever is listed in the #1 position at the third randomization will be the winner of the /50 stamp card.

REPEAT: YOUR ENTRY MUST INCLUDE YOUR TCSP WEBSITE USERNAME & YOUR GUESS... IF THERE IS ONE WITHOUT THE OTHER, YOU ARE DISQUALIFIED.  

Entries will be allowed up until I receive the box in hand, at which point I'll turn off comments on this post.

Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience... if you previously made a guess, please stick with the same guess out of fairness. Just include your TCSP screenname this time. I am sorry... this won't ever happen again...

18 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't we just guess which of the Tri-Cities the player is from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Username:Mary Freebairn

    Ny Giants (NL) 50's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Registered under: Plaschke, Thy Sweater Is Argyle

    I can't find the post with my guess, but I'm pretty sure it was Cincinnati (1960s).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't remember what I guessed so I'll go Pittsburgh 50's

    ReplyDelete
  6. jamicfin

    St. Louis Cardinals

    1970s

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jess418

    Dodgers (Brooklyn if I have to specify a city)

    1950s

    ReplyDelete
  8. St. Louis Cardinals
    1950's
    User: Gordon_Shumway

    ReplyDelete
  9. LA (NL) '70s

    User name is spankee.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, registered. Detroit, 1950s.

    ReplyDelete