Pages

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Pick Ups From The LCS

So I made a pledge to spend more time at my LCS digging through boxes and finding stuff I wanted rather than buying hobby boxes and being disappointed. So I had some free time yesterday and ended up picking up this lot of cards:
I didn't have a Uecker, now I do! A few nice Nolan Ryans, a scary looking Jim Wynn.. and the jewel of the scan, an Aaron/Clemente/Allen league leaders card. I didn't have a "vintage" Clemente or Allen, now I do.
Some Houston love here... Watt and Reed RC's, a couple of Bagwell serial numbered cards, 2 Twins cards for Rhubarb Runner (or any other Twins fan for that matter) and a Nolan Angels insert. The Carew is numbered /299 and I couldn't pass it up. There is no way you get a modern player to pose like that on a card these days... just won't happen. The Elite is a 12th round pick for the Twins, who knows, he may be the next Jack Morris or the next Todd Van Poppel...
Finally, some vintage Astros! So what if I hate Joe Morgan, that card is awesome. Love me some vintage looking Astros cards and Grady Hatton is a manager I don't think anyone messed with... he looks pretty pissed at the fact his photo was being taken.

Thanks for reading!!! (Oh, and I've looked all over Mobile, AL, not a single pack of 2013 GQ to be found yet!!!)

***After I hit "Publish" I noticed this is post #900!!! HOLY CRAP!!!!***

5 comments:

  1. GRATS ON THE 900 !! WELL DONE AND KEEP IT UP !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on 900! that Bagwell relic is sweeeet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, his full name is "Hall of Famer Rod Carew (he converted)."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 900 posts! Love that '67 Uecker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 2013 Gypsy Queens been out at Wally World for about 2 days now . Just didn't have the cash to get it yet !!

    ReplyDelete