Pages

Friday, March 8, 2013

Mail Day, A Mistake At Target and A Contest

First up, mail... two packages in today... one from eBay, one from a blogger... first, ebay:
Another GQ auto in the book... this makes 26 out of the 48-ish on the un-official checklist... slowly going to get there... then pray someone accidentally ships me a Koufax, Aaron and Ripken... 

Next up, Adam from My Cardboard Mistress. We had been trying to hammer out a deal for a long time... and finally he pulled something I could use!!!!
How about the elusive 2013 Astros hit????? I stalked a few of these online before Adam pulled this beauty! He also sent along a bunch of Astros and a bunch of Texans... great stuff Adam, you're awesome.

Ok, so this next part I'm a bit ashamed of... I had sworn off Heritage after the checklist showed absolutely no Astros outside of the base cards... and the planned Astros/Colt .45's SP set was scrapped because Topps was too freakin CHEAP! Seriously, they apparently didn't have enough of our money to get the job done. Geesh... well, in the series 1 blasters there was a coupon book and being thrifty, I figured why the hell not... and now I think, Why the hell did I do that??? Here's the inserts from my box:
David Price is Chrome refractor /564. Most exciting card in the box for me... I did pick up 3 of the Astros from the base set: Dominguez, Lyles and Lowrie (yea, the guy is now with the A's, awesome). Anyways, here's the deal... I picked up 3 of the short prints (one of them is a red border and is a SP number). It's contest time...

You get one guess per day, I will reply to your comment if you get 1 or 2 correct but I will not say which one you got correct, if you don't guess any correct, I won't leave a comment.. guess which three players' SP cards I got. The first commenter to put the pieces together and get all three will win the entire stack of cards from my blaster and 2 gravity feed packs that I bought (87 cards total). If no one guesses them all by next Friday, then I'll just keep these cards and use them as trade filler... have fun!

26 comments:

  1. #426 Cabrera, #431 Pence,& #488 Rosario? One things for sure , It wasn't an Astro ! ( Sorry )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ill try 430 trout, 443 kuroda, 452 tulowitzki?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 437 Butler
    462 Halladay
    473 Harrison

    ReplyDelete
  4. 427 Ethier
    450 Kemp
    500 Verlander

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far, none of the above guesses have any of the cards correct!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaron Hill, Chase Headley, and Jerad Weaver.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 461 Scutaro, 486 Ortiz, 494 Burnett

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One correct: Burnett... To move this along, I have decided to ID a correct guess. Enjoy my benevolence.

      Delete
  8. 479 - Kinsler
    429 - Ramirez
    494 - Burnett

    ReplyDelete
  9. 470 - Albert Pujols Red Border
    472 - Adrian Gonzalez
    494 - A.J. Burnett

    ReplyDelete
  10. 478- bumgarner 494- Burnett 464 dickey

    ReplyDelete
  11. 428 - Ryan Howard
    466 - Carlos Gonzalez
    494 - A.J. Burnett

    ReplyDelete
  12. 90 Joe Mauer
    460 Ryan Braun
    494 Burnett

    ReplyDelete
  13. 494 Burnett
    442 Hanley Ramirez
    484 Adam Dunn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have correct guess #2... Hanley Ramirez... one more left!

      Delete
  14. 494 AJ Burnett
    442 Hanley Ramirez
    465 David Wright

    ReplyDelete
  15. 481 Martin Prado
    494 AJ Burnett
    442 Hanley Ramirez

    ReplyDelete
  16. 494 AJ Burnett
    442 Hanley Ramirez
    455 Chris Sale

    ReplyDelete
  17. 494 Burnett
    442 Ramirez
    330 Johnny Cueto

    ReplyDelete
  18. 494 AJ Burnett
    442 Hanley Ramirez
    100 Robinson Cano

    ReplyDelete
  19. 494 AJ Burnett
    442 Hanley Ramirez
    480 Stephen Strasburg - Nationals

    ReplyDelete
  20. 442 Hanley Ramirez
    463 Giancarlo Stanton
    494 AJ Burnett

    ReplyDelete
  21. We have a winner! Brian, great job!!!! Email me your address!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete