Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Redemption Arrives

So about a week ago, I noticed the status on one of my many Topps redemptions had changed from "Pending" to "Shipped". Oddly, there was no confirmation number, I kept checking back in and no updates, and no card in the mail. So I sent a few e-mails to Topps Customer Service, nothing happened (surprise surprise). Finally, out of irritation I sent a tweet to @toppscards. They hilariously responded, if you follow me on twitter, you probably saw the conversation. For those of you not following me on twitter, why not? (@thedimwit).

So, they said to DM them with my phone number (which means they had to follow me, SCORE!) and yesterday afternoon I got a call personally from Vince at Topps Customer Support. Vince explained that when it changes to "Shipped" it just means they've shipped it to their "Fulfillment Center" a.k.a. "Tristar Fullfillment Services". And that Tristar would then provide the tracking number once shipped. So I figured I had a couple more weeks to wait...

Ironically, when I got home yestereday from work, there in my mailbox was a little yellow envelope from Tristar Fulfillment Services... just sayin', there is still no tracking number in Topps.com's redemption site... ok, so here's the card I got yesterday:
Not too shabby. Semi-legible auto, great condition on the card, no smudges or bent corners. I don't know this Derek Norris guy, other than I know he went from Washington to Oakland in the Gio Gonzalez deal. But I'm sure with the Astros' move to the AL West this year that I'll get to see this guy play against us a bit. It is firmly in the trade bait category, so all you A's fans out there: I expect a bidding war. Haha!

2 comments:

  1. Nice. That reminds me to go check on my status. I pulled FOUR freaking Bowman Platinum redemptions this year. I got one right away but the other 3 were still pending last time I checked. Thanks for the reminder ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Derek Norris is alright! Got pushed back on the depth chart because the A's signed John Jaso though.

    ReplyDelete