Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

No, you check out MY cards... Part 6...

COMC has really upped their game since the latest re-design of their site and reformat of their shipping policy. It makes it a lot easier to get the bulk of cards that you want without paying out the nose on shipping. They have provided me absolutely no compensation for saying this, I just love the site.

Today I have a bit of a tribute to pitching, the Nolan and Sandy kind of pitching: strikeouts and no-hitters!

What an awesome dual relic of Oswalt and Nolan Ryan. Great card! The Classic Singles has a nice dark blue swatch from Nolan's Astros days and I couldn't be more happy with it. Surprisingly, this is my first "vintage" Sandy Koufax card. No, the condition isn't perfect but then again I'm not one of those guys who gets all up-tight about condition when it comes to vintage, in fact I'm more of a fan of the vintage card that has been shown a little love. This will go in my Astros vintage binder since Cuellar is #2 in ERA on this card, but the real star of this card to me is Koufax.

I'll wrap these posts up tomorrow with a couple of awesome cards of lesser known Astros... oh wait, all Astros are lesser known... haha!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how the hardest cards to get from your own team (tigers included) are when someone else is on the card !!

    ReplyDelete