Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Group Break Update

First of all... How about them Texans?!?!!?!??! They made it stressful last night, but 5-0 is 5-0 and a road game in prime time against a desperate team is going to be tough. This is a game we typically don't win in years past so it was great to see them stick it out and get the victory. JJ Watt is a beast...

The cards were ordered yesterday and will be here today... I'm covering 4 teams beyond my Astros at this point, which will make me hesitant to do this format again, but if anyone wants the Brewers, Marlins, D'Backs or Pirates please e-mail me an offer for any of them. No reasonable offer to be refused...

On a side note, the wife and I got a blaster of Panini Americana Heroes & Legends over the weekend. I like the base set, but there's not the Hollywood lure to keep my wife's interest in this set. The blaster box is smaller than typical blasters, and I LOVE it... I hope the industry moves towards these style boxes. Much less packaging and the cards actually fit in them well once the packs are open... here's some inserts and the hit we got form the box as well as a base card:
The Baumgartner is numbered /499, any wrestling fans out there? Growing up in Houston and specifically in the Clear Lake area, I was always intrigued with space and the space program. I really like the Astronaut inserts and it definitely influences me picking the Gene Kranz base card to show off. Gene Kranz is the Chuck Norris of the space program, one awesome dude who nobody messes with. I love the look on Tobin Heath's face, I'm sure she's thinking "Hey Panini, that's the BEST picture you could find of me???". I'm kind of "meh" on the Olympics inserts but a big thumbs up on the Military Elite inserts, especially as a bunch of them honor the Tuskeegee Airmen. The blaster produced about half of the base set with no duplicates so I don't think it would take more than another one or two blasters to complete the set if we go for it. Plus each blaster guarantees a relic or auto. Not too shabby...

Hopefully tonight I can get at least one box busted and posted! Stay tuned!!!

1 comment: