Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

COMC Haul - Day 11 - A Pristine Berkman

I wish Topps was still producing Pristine instead of a couple of their other high enders... but I guess sets come and go and Pristine was one of those that had it's heyday and then moved along.
There are some definitely pros and cons with this card:

  • Pros: Dirty looking swatch, pinstripe, great photo, good design and a note in the corner to let you know what level of rarity you've pulled.
  • Cons: Pristine die-cut logo going across the swatch. I shudder to think how many of those things got torn or damaged by over excited kids, or just in the production process. Anyways, not the greatest idea on that one Topps.
I love that you can see exactly how discolored the jersey swatch is in comparison with the stark white of the rest of the card! Was glad I picked this one up! Stay tuned for more Pristine tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I've never actually seen the Pristine cards until now. I'm liking how it states the rarity, something you don't find very often.

    ReplyDelete