Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

2011 Topps Chrome - A Pack A Day - Pack 14 of 24

Good morning everyone... I hope all or some of you enjoyed the product preview post from last night.

On to the pack! Fourteen packs into the box and I finally have my first hit! But first here are some base. I was so excited about the hit when I opened the pack 2 weeks ago that I didn't even realize until this morning how good the base cards were that I pulled...
 Youk, Pence and Pujols... three legit all-stars, and sadly one of the last "new" base card of Pence I'll pull in an Astros uniform. I really do wonder where Pujols will end up... I guess it apparently partly depends on the new manager there, but I do also question whether Berkman would have re-signed for another year during the season if he wasn't at least, say, 75% certain Pujols would be back...

And here's the hit!
A SOLID rookie auto. It's not refractor level in any way, but I'm more than happy with it. This is the auto I hoped I would get in the past 2-box Lineage/Chrome break a few weeks back when I traded the Angels away for the Mariners. That was a bad deal for me, as I ended up without a hit and the Angels got the Trumbo auto. Anyways, Pineda looked great this year, and looks to be a solid part of that rotation for years to come!

It looks like I'll be cancelling the Gypsy Queen Group break. Tired of begging and apparently there is just a lack of overall interest. Let me know, within reason, what products you might want to bust. More Chrome? More Lineage? Want a product like UD A Piece of History? I'd like to do a "cheaper" product so that the two-team slots are less than $15 and definitely would be cool to get a $10 per slot two-teamer, which I think I could do if anyone wants to do two more boxes of Chrome.

Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. The last pack was way better...just kidding! That's a nice auto hit out of Chrome. Congrats. No big deal on the break. Something will work out. I'm not too picky, but it's going to be tight the next couple of months with Christmas around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in for the braves on any chrome breaks. And will pay a little extra bc I know it's loaded with brave rookies.

    ReplyDelete