Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

2 Packs of Tribute - Card #5

We enter the top 5 with a kid... well, more like The Kid...
Great looking card. For some reason, despite the Astros always battling the Mets in the mid-80's, the Mets were my second favorite team. Maybe it's just the uniforms or maybe because that's where Nolan started his career, but something just stuck in my head that the Mets were an OK team to root for. Gary Carter also was on a lot of cardboard in my youth so I saw him a lot and I never realized his impact on the game until he was elected to the HOF and I was able to look back on his whole career.
11 All Star teams? Wow, that's a lot. Had a great 1986 postseason for sure, I only wish Mike Scott had gotten a shot in game 7, the Astros would have totally beaten the Red Sox as well and without Buckner's error!

Speaking of Red Sox, tomorrow is going to be another awesome card!

2 comments:

  1. "Speaking of Red Sox, tomorrow is going to be another awesome card!"

    You tease!

    ReplyDelete