Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Call for 2011 Gypsy Queen

As many of you know, I'm working on quite a collection of 2011 Gypsy Queen cards. I wanted to put out a call for any cards you may have lying around or that you once pulled together but now realize that you aren't going to finish off a certain collection...

Here's where I stand on certain collections within Gypsy Queen, and you can see specific cards I need in the Gypsy Queen link on the sidebar or here.

  1. Base Set - I have one complete base set. I am only a handful of SP's away from a second. Now, you may ask why I'm putting together a second base set, A) I had a BUNCH of duplicates and thought "What the hell?" and B) I wanted to sell the second complete set to re-coup some money and invest it in some of the harder mini-relics to pull (Ruth and Gehrig).
  2. Mini Set - I am also within 15% or so of completing the mini base set - regular back. This set is really starting to look nice in my binder pages!!! Mostly SP mini's left and if you have some you can spare, please let me know.
  3. Gypsy Queens - This is my area of greatest need. I would like to get the regular and tarot card back versions and I thought they'd be easy to track down since most people aren't collecting them. Let me know if you have any!
  4. Bronze Border Parallels - I'm almost done with this one! I originally started a contest to get a complete set of these. I'm down to about the last 10 and if it comes down to having to buy them all (as I've bought about 30 on my own from COMC) then I am going to be reluctant to give away the grand prize. So please, if you have any of the remaining, get yourself an entry or 10 and have a chance at a great Brooks Robinson relic numbered 60/60.
  5. Mini-Relic Set - I've got 18/24 of these. Ruth and Gehrig are going to be major investments, I don't foresee being able to trade for them, unless there is just an amazing benevolent person out there who just really loves me. Musial, Munson, Jeter and Ripken may all be purchases as well unless there are trade candidates. I'm down to the big hitters on this one.
  6. Regular Relic Set - I've only got a handful of these (8 to be exact). Any help on these is appreciated. Again, I'd love to trade for these, and there are some names on the need list that are pretty tradable guys. I've already got the Ripken in this set so hopefully I can get the rest pretty easily. 
I thought hard about trying for the autograph set as well, but then I remembered there's Koufax and Aaron in that auto set and I have no hope whatsoever of ever owning those two cards. So I stand pat with what I've got up there...

So I'm calling out to all collectors who read this little corner of the blog-o-sphere!!! IF you have 2011 Gypsy Queen to spare, I'm a trading fool! Let me know what you have and I'll gladly make you a more than fair offer for it! 

Thanks everyone! 

3 comments:

  1. I have the Ripken mini and the A-Rod regular - and would be up for trading both.

    Also - I'm going after the Gypsy Queens as well (not tarot backs). I've found quite a few on Sportlots and Check Out My Cards from time to time.

    Shoot me an email when you get a second. I'm updating my wantlists by this weekend for a few big trades.

    -Charlie (lifetimetopps)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i notice that alot of people put together 2 sets - is that why they do this? does it get back some/most of the money spent? (it can't, right? but at least helps a little?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kev, I couldn't find an e-mail address for you, so I will comment back here. I'm only doing the second set because I had bought SO MUCH in hobby and retail packs. I had a HUGE box of extras and figured I'd go for the second set at that point!

    ReplyDelete