Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Another Day, Another Card

Congrats to you Giants fans out there. That was a pretty good game last night, lots of drama in the 4th quarter and what a catch by Manningham. Anyways, it's time for another installment of a cool card out of my collection...
Ok, so anyone can put a piece of jersey or bat in a card, but in 2001 Donruss got a hold of a couple pieces of wall from the dismantled Three Rivers Stadium and figured, "Let's cut 'em up and put 'em in cards!" Well, I couldn't be happier that they did. This is just plain awesome. The card highlights a game on 9/29/00 where Lance had two hits and a run scored. What's even better, check out the back of the card:
It actually gives a picture of the piece of walls that the piece was cut from. I wasn't collecting in 2001, I wish I was because I would have bought a ton of Donruss Studio I think. Hey, I was in college and had a BUNCH of disposable income from playing poker... haha... 

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this one... will have the final group break post up tonight!

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen these! Very cool relic. I like ones that are a bit different...bases, dirt, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Very cool. I must find a copy of this card for my Berkman collection.

    ReplyDelete