Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

So I found Zistle...

So I came across this site called Zistle through another blogger... anyways, I figured I'd give it a shot. I am LOVIIN' it! Easy to catalog your cards, easy to put all the cards you have, want and want to trade into a spreadsheet-type interface without having to do hours of typing (that is, along as someone else has already entered the set and subsets your're working on). But even if the card you're trying to enter isn't already in the system, it's extremely easy to add your card into the library. I've offered up my first trade, just to see how it goes as well.

I put all of my 2011 Gypsy Queen "available for trade" cards into the site, including all hits, relics, most mini's and inserts. We'll see if I find some traders or if Zistle just becomes another way to put cards into a database. I really like the simplicity of it all for sure though.

Have a great Sunday everyone... hopefully we have some group-breaking box busting fun tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. I like the site, the design is really sound and navigation is easy. Free is also nice, so I signed up... but I don't have any cards in a spreadsheet, so I have to add each card by hand. I started with random hits from my trade binder and it recognized 1 out of 30 of them. So, it's pretty clear the site is just starting out, which is cool, I just don't have the time to hand enter data for a couple hundred cards. I guess I'll wait for a little bit and see if more cards get added to their catalog. Awesome idea for a site though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm mostly using it for a database so I can generate my own lists, but I'm glad to see more people use it, as I occasionally find some errors, and more eyes should help clear all those up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just curious but is the break going up tonight? Can't Wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Jared... just working on putting the videos and scans together as I type!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for putting all of this together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it works better for base cards than for hits. Since someone has to enter the card in first, it is unlikely that another Zistle user will have the exact same hit that you have. However, if you are looking for some random 2006 Upper Deck base card, that is probably in there.

    ReplyDelete