Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Some recent acquisitions...

So, I've made my first CheckOutMyCards.com purchase a while back and got my cards in yesterday...
So, I picked up the Johjima because it was on sale pretty cheap... the Nixon I'll add to my rainbow that includes 3 1/1's from that Masterpiece set, this one is /99 but looks sharp with that black border. The Sutton I picked up because I thought it was pretty rare to see him in the rainbow Astros uni, pretty sweet card!

I got some cards in from Colin Tedard's Sports Card Radio 3 box group break of 2011 Topps Series 2 and Bowman, but nothing too remarkable, but I did want to thank Colin for putting that break together at $2.00 per team per box (shipping included). If you're not a member of Sports Card Radio's forum, you're missing out on great contests, giveaways and breaks!

Finally, in my effort to get to 45 rings on the Diamond Topps "Giveaway"/Sell Your Soul to Us site, I bought a blaster and a couple of loose packs on the way home from work... it's gimmicky, but it hasn't stopped me from buying... only 11 rings left! If you have code cards you want to trade me, I'll promise to ship you the redeemed card (if it's a nice vintage that you'd want) because I'm really just interested in getting to 45 rings... anyways, got some nice cards...
I needed this one, so it's going in the binder... I have 4 more duplicates to trade though!
Target's version of the ruby red insert... not too shabby in pulling the Koufax! Up for grabs!
My commemorative patch... I SWEET looking one in my opinion, definitely for trade!
And finally the diamond sparkle cards I got... nothing spectacular, but that's what I was expecting... I think I may package all my sparkle cards up and pull off a trade with Chris over at Nachos Grande so I can get more entries into his contest...

That's all folks. I may not be posting much this weekend, as my wife and I celebrate our first wedding anniversary! She's put up with me for a year without committing homicide... she's a strong woman! Doesn't seem like it's been a year already! Here we were dancing our last dance at the reception. The Hotwit is awesome!

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to get a crack at that Palmer! Lemme know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get married on 6/26/10 too? I did and we're celebrating this weekend as well. Congrats on a year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, those Palmer and Koufax cards look good. Nice haul.

    ReplyDelete