Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Contest Winnings and a trade...

So... many many many many months ago... I won a contest over at the non-defunct JD's Wild Cardz. Not just any ordinary contest, but an epic code rivaled only by the Allen and Ginter code... ok, slight exaggeration there because there's no way I could break the A&G code, Nick Jacoby that's all you man. BUT it seemed that Mike's escape from the collecting world also coincided with his departure from going to the post office... haha, just kidding with you Mike, but on a serious note readers it literally took nearly 7 months to get my prize... but boy is it worth it! Hopefully 2011 A&G pulls him back into collecting, because I really did enjoy reading his blog and such. He promised the entire contents of his box of 2010 Topps Chrome (hits and all, already opened) and a 2010 Topps National Chicle artist-signed card of my choosing. Well, he sent me 2 of the artist signed cards (TTM-style). Enjoy...
Why Gavin Floyd? Well, he was the first "refractor" on the stack, so I got 8 of them total, he was just the easiest to scan. The A-Rod and Reyes are claimed by BA Benny, part of an EPIC trade that's been brewing for a bit, it's going to be LEGEN.... wait for it... DARY... just wait, it's still in the works! Rhubarb_Runner will get the Hughes auto whenever it gets here, as we're working on a slightly less epic deal, and Hiflew has claimed the Young Jr. auto (which I do say is one of the nicer on-card autos I've seen in a while). Anyways, if anyone wants the Werth or D'Backs cards, let me know. And I've got a BUNCH of 2010 Topps Chrome base cards... you need any? Just let me know!

Alright, next up is a small trade between myself and Brian over at Play At The Plate... he sent me over his 2011 Bowman Astros in exchange for some Rangers (which I need to start pulling and get mailed!)...
Thanks Brian! I didn't want to buy any of this set, and I've got most of the Astros now, including a nice orange parallel of Chris Johnson /199. The prospects are guys I don't really expect to see in the majors any time at all, but decent cards nonetheless. I'm not a Bowman fan mainly because it is such a HUGE hit or miss set and nearly impossible to "set-build". Anyways, still great looking cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment