Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

How About Some REAL GQ?

What a long week! Even though this is a schedule post that I'm writing on Wednesday, I already know that by Saturday I'll feel like it's been a long week. Oy, work has kicked my butt this week. Although there was some great news on Tuesday with the promise of a promotion and raise once I move to Amarillo, so that's a plus.

On to more cards from recent purchases... today, an addition long over due to my Gypsy Queen autograph collection! This one shouldn't have been as hard as it has been to track down but I finally got it at a price I could stomach! Behold:
WOW! What a great card! With GQ being released this past week, it was a stark reminder to me of how much I LOVE the original set, and am not a huge fan of the past 3 renditions since. I believe the original 2011 GQ set will go down as one of the most underrated sets released. I digress... this card brings me down to just 3 autographs needed for the full auto set: Koufax, Aaron and Ryan Howard. How freakin' sweet is that?!?!?! Some day.... oh some day... I've seen a few Aaron's floating around eBay, but it's been a LOOOOOOOONG time since I've seen a Koufax. If any of you have a lead on one, please let me know. Ryan Howard? Man, I've seen a few pop up and a couple went CHEAP but I just missed the auctions or someone jumped on a BIN before I could. His is the only sticker auto in the set and the most frustrating reasonably priced one for me to try and locate!

Hopefully I track them all three down soon enough and I can be one of only a handful of people who have this set completed. I've seen a youtube video of one guy who has managed to get them all, and I've heard there are one or two other people who've managed it as well. I wonder how many people have 42 of them and only need Koufax/Aaron.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on trying to track down that Koufax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this set, well done, i am still in th early stages !

    ReplyDelete