Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Really? More A&G???

Ok, so the wife and I stopped by the card shop the other day, and were antagonized by our friend Bobby to buy some more A&G. Well, it was Bobby and the store owner Nathan, who kindly informed us that the first half of the case he had seen opened in the store didn't have the case hit pulled... so here's what we ended up with (and yes I know we have a problem) after busting 4 more boxes:
More jersey swatches! I've gotten the feeling that the bat relics are shorter printed than the jersey relics. Has anyone read or seen anything to verify this? Seems like the bat relics are selling a bit better than the jersey relics as well, don't know if I'm just reading into things too much or what...

And I got autos!!! 5 out of 4 boxes. The odds of this happening (much like the autos in our case) are not in our favor and I gotta say I'm pretty happy with the results of these boxes:
Cain, he of the perfect game against my Astros, is a nice auto to pull for sure! Harvick? I'm not a NASCAR guy but it's a nice auto nonetheless. Heath? I had literally never heard of him before this set, but the auto seems to be selling well in the secondary market. Cingrani is a good rookie to grab this year, seems to be having moderate success with Cincy. Finally, Axl Rose redemption #2 in my pocket. I have them both listed on eBay and they haven't sold quite as fast as I thought they would. I'm hoping if people get wind of him actually signing these cards, that they'll start moving again at a brisker pace. The Rose is the only one I have on eBay right now, everything else is up for sale/trade if you want to make an offer!

3 comments:

  1. I could use the Andrus. I still have to sort my Gint-A-Cuffs box into what I already have so I can let you know what I need from First Americans and Peacemakers (if you still have some left). If not, it's no big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dimwit, been awhile, but I just picked up a matt dominguez auto 21/25 and was wondering if you would be interested in it?

    ReplyDelete