Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Box Break Interrupted... again...

Got a couple things in the mail.

First up, from blog reader and twitter friend Trey (@treyjyert) held a twitter contest and I won this awesome Brandon Barnes autographed 8x10!
Brandon is one of those high energy/crazy guys. I love what he brings to the team and he plays an amazing defensive CF. Thanks Trey!

Up next is something I saw and just had to go after. I thought it was pretty cool, and no one was bidding on it. So I got it for the minimum bid of $10 and was pretty dang happy. For some reason, I really like printing plates. I think they are very unique and as an engineer's son, I think I have a mind that is intrigued by the way things work, the process and understanding how things are built...
That's the yellow printing plate used for the boxes of Panini USA Baseball Champions 2013. What am I going to do with this? No clue whatsoever. But I had to pick it up. The seller didn't do a great job with shipping protection and it got a healthy bend in it (you can't see it in the picture) but nonetheless it's a cool piece of 1/1 awesomeness. As far as "how things work" I still don't understand the process of how these plates are used, as I would think the lettering should be mirrored on a printing plate but 99% of the plates I see show regular text... if someone can explain, you'd be my hero!

1 comment:

  1. Great haul...well done. Not for sure what a print plate is exactly but this may help...I wikied it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Offset_printing

    ReplyDelete