Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

My First Box of 2012 Topps Allen and Ginter

Alright everyone... after my post this morning... you can mock all you want, but I LOVE this year's Allen and Ginter, and you're about to see why... I went to Big Hit Sports Cards this morning... keep in mind, this is the WORSE of my two boxes... this is going to get ridiculous!

Here are the highlights from the first third of the box...
The N43 box topper... I despise these, but whatever...
Inserts and mini's! Got me a nice regular back Yu RC mini!
And I got Carlos Pena for my relic in the first third... very "meh" box so far, right? It gets better... trust me...
Again, the inserts and the mini's again...
Carlos Zambrano? Really? As a Cub? Really? Sheesh... again, dumping ground for left over jersey relics, I'm convinced. Anyone want to trade for this? Anyone? I hear crickets chirping... I didn't lie, I PROMISE it gets better in the third third of the box... :-D
A Nolan Ryan sketches card, SWEEEET!!!! Ok, nothing huge to see here... let's move along...

What is that? A RIP CARD?!?!??!?!!?!? (Let's not gloss over the "black border" George Brett, I know a Royals collector who would love to get his hands on this one, eh Kyle?!?!) A RIP CARD?!?!?!?!?!? A RIP CARD!?!?!?!?! Numbered 8/25!?!?!?! A case hit?!?!?!? SWEEEEEEET!!!!!

Now, the better question: Did I rip the Rip Card? OF COURSE I DID!!!! I'm addicted to this stuff, I have to rip it... there could be something completely AWESOME inside it...




So here it is, ripped in all it's glory...




And what sort of magic appears from within?!??!?!?!?!??!!!?!?!




UN-FREAKIN'-BELIEVABLE!!!!!! 


Topps couldn't have planted a better card in this pack for me to get!!!! (Unless it was autographed of course, but I'm not complaining AT ALL!) Holy crap! This was an awesome box (even if the relics were piss-poor!) I have an Ext Mini of Nolan Ryan! How many of you can say that?!?!!? I'm sure there are a few, but seriously, this card ain't goin' no where!

Stay tuned tomorrow for an even more exciting box of Allen and Ginter... this one will contain not just one, but two hand numbered cards... :-)

11 comments:

  1. Congrats!

    And yeah, I'm drooling for George. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet RIP and Nolan! congrats! can't wait to see your 2nd box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who cares about Matt Moore!? George all the way! :-) ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Topps? Dumping relic pieces in A&G? YOU DON'T SAY!

    Seriously, that's an awesome Nolan Ryan, and regardless, you made the right decision to rip--good for you! Like I said, if I buy any more boxes or packs I'm having them shipped straight to you so I end up with something good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Great card. I got a rip card a few years back and ripped it and got a Griffey Jr. mini. I flipped it on eBay and bought another box of A & G but there is a part of me that wished I would have kept it. Glad you are going to hold onto it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, too bad he's wearing the wrong uniform, though :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. You not only got a case hit, but a case hit of your favorite player, and he's depicted on your favorite team. It's always nice to see these end up in the proper hands. If this is just the beginning, Im REALLY looking forward to box #2.

    BTW, I'll trade for the Zambrano. I pulled the Theriot, and I just need Carlos and Fukudome for all three former Cubs that Topps may not have gotten the memo about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Rip !!!!once in lifetime rip !!
    If you want a home for the Verlander Gold Sketch LMK .

    ReplyDelete