Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Trade Report - Dennis and Marcus!!!

A couple trades to highlight this morning... First up is Dennis from Too Many Verlanders! I thought we had worked out a nice little one-for-one swap and well of course I was mistaken as my mailbox was flooded with a bunch of cards above and beyond our agreed upon trade... Dennis, you're too good to me... some Astros and Nolan Ryan cards:
Nice bunch of odd ball Ryan's there, some of which I remarkably had never seen before! The three across the bottom say "Home on the Range with Ryan" on the back. The Bagwell is a freakin' sweet foily-refractory goodness kind of card... just sick...

He also sent me a small stack of basketball cards, including 30 of the MOST UNDER-RATED CENTER OF ALL TIME. I will accept no arguments, Hakeem was underrated his entire career and the media never gave him his due... he embarrassed every other center in the league at least once, and David Robinson many time. Had he played in LA or NY, he would be on Russell & Kareem level of fame, but alas, since he played in only the 4th largest city in America, he's largely overlooked... rant over...
No, I don't collect basketball... yes I'm keeping these... GREAT cards of Hakeem in action!

And for the card we originally based this trade around...
A freakin' sweet Biggio /50 swatch!!!! SWEEEEET!!!! Thanks Dennis.

Finally, a small trade... hehe... between me and new blog-that-I'm-following writer Marcus from All The Way To the Backstop...
He sent me mini's!!!!! YAY!!!!! I love me some mini's!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment