Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Trade Night

Well kids... before I get started with the story that is alluded to in the title, I have a couple trades...

First, is well, not a trade... but a "just because" from Derek over at Tomahawk Chopping (who's redesigned blog is THE BOMB)... He shot over some GQ and a nice Caminiti/Bagwell card:
Thanks Derek!

Next up is an actual trade. I pulled a BUNCH of Gypsy Queen for Adam over at ARPSmith's Sportscard Obsession... which are still sitting on my desk because I'm a horrible blogger... I promise Adam, your cards are going to the PO tomorrow, I swear it upon all that's good and holy in this world...

But here's the SWEEEEET swag he sent my way:
The Biggio and Caminiti are from Fleer Brilliants with the Caminiti being a /99 parallel. I'm telling you know, expect to see this set in a group break in the future, it's AWESOME. Some great game used cards in there, I really like the Berkman dual jersey from UD Essential Elements. Sweet lookin' card! Thanks Adam...

Ok, so the card shop had their trade night last night.... on the wave of my Cal Ripken Jr. auto relic 1/5 having sold at auction for $408 dollars (SWEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!) I went a little bit Gypsy Queen mad... I am well on my way to the mini set I'm looking for at this point, and have plenty of base to trade. Including what I think is a complete set 1-300 of non-variants and all 3 hobby insert sets. Anyone want to make an offer on it? I'll need to go through and verify but I'm pretty sure I've got all of it.

Anyways, out of the 2+ boxes I busted last night, here are the goods:
So I now have a duplicate auto of Moreland, and a duplicate Rivera (w/ stitch patterns) relic. The Zimmerman auto is very nice, as is the Cueto. The guy next to me got Peacock and Benson so I consider myself pretty darn lucky. I seem to have a penchant for pulling Braves relics from this set as well, as I now have McCann, Hanson, Heyward and Hudson... yo Braves fans, I need you to start makin' some offers! Haha!

Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got the cards and like them. No worries on getting my cards out, is sure is nice knowing I have all the cards for my set on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know you like the blog design! Love the Zimmerman auto! Nice pulls

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love that Mariano card. Just don't have anything for you.

    ReplyDelete