Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2012 Collecting Goals

Here are my collecting goals for 2012:
1) Complete 2011 Gypsy Queen base, second set and mini's. I am not too far from any of these three sets. Hopefully I can get this checked off at the Tristar show next month.
2) Organize my Bagwell, Biggio, Berkman and Nolan Ryan player collections. I have Bagwell about 75% done so hopefully I can make a dent in the others in due time.
3) Avoid unnecessary purchases. If it doesn't fit in my collection, don't by it. I waste too much money unnecessarily on cards I don't really collect just for the heck of busting wax. My LCS will not like this goal but my wife and bank account will.
4) Organize 1 group break per month. Here is where I need and want suggestions for products to open. I want to make the group breaks a regular feature rather than the spastic irregularity at which I have been running them.

So what about you all? List a goal in the comments and Sunday I will do a randomization for a prize that fits your collection. A little thanks for those who have read this far.

9 comments:

  1. Good luck on your goals! I feel you on # 3.

    I'm looking to finish off 2004 Fleer Platinum without buying more of the product in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For #4, if you are ever looking for a more affordable (that is, older) break, I would love to see some subset of these:
    1993 Donruss Studio
    1993 Triple Play
    1993 Flair (imo, some of the best looking cards ever)
    1995 Donruss Studio
    1999 Skybox Thunder
    1999 Ovation
    2003 Fleer Authentix
    2003 Flair
    2004 Upper Deck R-Class

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you about wasting money busting wax. I love the thrill of it but hate the let down sometimes. I'd be better off buying singles for the PC but that's not as fun ha.

    One of my big goals for 2012 is to get more attention into my Bagwell PC. I figure now is a great time to build up my Bagwell's now that the Astros don't have too many players for me to collect other than J.D. Martinez, Jason Castro and a couple of newer prospects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with #3. I have more than one hobby so this principal can be stretched across all of them for me.

    I've got to narrow my collecting in 2012. I'm also going to try and finish up working on my virtual baseball album...still got a LOT of cards to scan.

    As for box suggestions? I'm game for anything. You know I usually do 90's and 2000 stuff in my monthly breaks, but there is so much stuff out there it doesn't matter. Josh D. had some good suggestions.

    Perhaps you would be up for an occasional swapping team for team in each of our own breaks in 2012?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm snatching #3 for my blog! Great goals, best of luck with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goal is to limit my spending to $30 a month instead of $30 a week!

    I've got to cut back. Kids getting married, kids to college, loans to pay off, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to finish team sets. I don't think I have any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think #3 is pretty universal unless you're one of those insane case busters on Blowout's forums.

    ReplyDelete