Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Gotta love Wal-mart and their discount blasters - - 2011 Gypsy Queen GROUP BREAK BONUS!

Alright, here you go everyone... another bonus...



I wanted to scan this in just to show that it does in fact say "Astros" on the front. If it were a more desirable player, I'd make a bigger deal out of it. But I'm going to go ahead and cede it to the Rockies, since it is my break and I make the arbitrary rules. Plus Preston did far more in a Rockies uniform than in his half season with the Astros before moving onto the Cardinals to win the title with them!

I'll warn you all ahead of time, in reviewing the cards after breaking the box, the is quite a bit of corner damage throughout the packs, in fact almost every card has a small noticeable dent in the top left corner on the back. Sorry...

Seriously, this is the last post... vacation starts tomorrow and I still have to pack!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. I can't tell you how happy I've been to join this break. It was my first group break and you keep throwing in more bonuses! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In following your rules I am okay with you keeping the Wilson if you want it. I don't consider that a Rockie card for my collection even though it is clearly a Colorado uniform swatch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So the slap fight begins over who has to be stuck with the Preston Wilson card!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK you twisted my arm, I'll take it. I don't like it when base card uniform and team name don't match, but I at least understand it. There is absolutely no reason for a relic or auto to not match, unless it is purely a dump job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this card was definitely a "dump job"... hahaha... as was a good chunck of Preston Wilson's career! hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude! Great break! Thanks for all the extras. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great break and we haven't even gotten to the main event yet! Bonus cards rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe, Wall mart, yes. :p I've never been to any Wall Mart

    ReplyDelete