Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

2011 Gypsy Queen Group Break!!!!! It's FINALLY HERE!!!!

Here's the video... all packages are ready to go, will probably get them mailed out Friday at the latest... enjoy...


So the positives: some pretty good hits... a printing plate, dual jersey/auto, sepia mini, couple of jersey swatches... LOTS of cards! 48 packs + 2 mini packs! Great design and execution of the set.

The negatives: Shorted 2 hits (as has been the case for most boxes of this set), HORRIBLE COLLATION!!! The bronze border parallels were horribly collated with sequentially numbered duplicates within the same box! I will be writing a nice long letter with the two UPC labels that I'll be sending to Topps for our 2 replacement cards.

The Walter Johnson cards when to the Twins and the George Sisler "St. Louis Browns" cards went to the Orioles, as those are the direct teams which those franchises moved to. The randomization of the Gypsy Queen cards are at the end of the video, in case any of you couldn't wait that long! I have 2 complete checklists and another with 3 of the 4 cards. First 3 people who e-mail me will get them.

I still need mailing addresses for Colin (Mariners) and Rod (Padres). E-mail them to me ASAP!

Overall, there were what I would consider two below average boxes. The collation on the inserts and the base cards was ridiculous, and you'll see when you get your cards that there are some players that got 4 base cards in the two boxes. No bueno. Hopefully you all enjoyed the break video and for those of you who got the good hits, congratulations! All teams' group break card totals have been updated on the sidebar. (I realized afterwords that I included the "bronze border parallels" as inserts in the total count, sorry guys!).

Hopefully this break, my first to host, won't be the last and I hope that all of you feel you got your money's worth! Thanks to each of you who participated!!!

9 comments:

  1. Sucks that you got such crappy collation in your boxes. The two that I busted yesterday didn't have the best hits but the base was collated very good. I only ended up with 3 of one player and a a few dupes. I got 280 out of 300 for the base set and 13 out of 50 sps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job on the break. Have to say the hits were good to me but overall Topps really messed this one up! I'll look forward to the next group break you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, first, I'm happy with the results, and yes, collation sucked. I'm also glad I picked up a second team in this one as the Twins turned out to be very good to me. Thanks for a GReat break. I look forward to joining another in the future. Thanks Sam!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for organizing & over-seeing the break Sam. I enjoyed being part of it. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a fantastic break, thanks so much for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have NEVER been so upset to see so many Cubs hits in a break. That'll teach me for showing up late to the party. Congrats to Darkship, but I'll be ready to jump in early on the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Brandon Beachy RC is a SP...woo hoo! Thanks for hosting this awesome break!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the break. Great job. I hope I get in on your next one also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just saw the video...I can't believe the collation on the Bronze parallels. I made out like a bandit having the Dodgers and the Rangers and I actually feel bad that it went that way. The good news for you is that I'm going to mail you one of those Ryan Bronze parallels back. I'll send you one of the Ryan base Rangers too if you want it. Sorry I didn't see this before you mailed the packages.

    ReplyDelete