Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

In Honor of Lance

Yesterday, Lance Berkman announced his retirement. As many of you know, I was on the Astros Grounds Crew for the 2001 and 2002 seasons. The best two years of my college life, I got paid $7.00 an hour to watch my heroes play the game. Lance was one of the very few players who treated us college kids like human beings. There were many days during batting practice where he and I would sit in the dugout and just chat about all sorts of things. He was a great guy and in my opinion one of the top 5 Astros ever to put on the uniform. In honor of his great career, I'm going to show off every Lance Berkman "hit" that I own... enjoy, without commentary...
Thanks Lance for everything you brought to Houston, and to the game. You're truly one of the "good guys" and deserve every accolade given to you. Thanks for the memories and I can't wait for the Astros to retire your number.

3 comments:

  1. Whoa, dude, awesome Berkman collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a Fat stack of Elvis hits! I hope they figure out a way to involve Lance in the club post-playing career. He'd probably make for a nice coach/hitting instructor.

    Nice to find another 'Stros collector out there as well. Your blog looks great.

    - Marc (Remember The Astrodome)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's an awesome collection! The patches on the eX Clearly Authentics card are sick!

    ReplyDelete