Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

No 2014 Series 1

We went by Target and Walmart Thursday and still no Series 1 in either location... awwww shucks... Can you tell I'm not really all that disappointed? From what I'm seeing in the blog world and on eBay I think I'll be better off snagging what I want in about 3-4 weeks once the prices have leveled out, although I can get a 13-card team set for $0.99 right now anyways of my Astros...

So, Walmart had a couple of blasters I hadn't seen in a while, 2012 Panini Heroes and Legends. Here's my loot:
Man, I love those Astronauts inserts! Great design, patch logo in the background, just a sweet insert set. Also really like the Tuskeegee Airmen cards, what a great way to honor some really brave men. I'm not a huge fan of the way they tried to shoehorn the women's soccer subsets into this set, think they deserve their own set rather than be relegated to inserts. Really feels forced. I do like the Olympics subset though. Brings back memories of watching the games.

Speaking of Olympics and Astronauts, I did get two hits from the two blasters:
Scott Hamilton relic, not too shabby, and they found a picture from when he actually had some hair! Haha! As far as Vance Brand goes, I can't say that I remember the name, but a quick read of the back of the card tells me that his first flight was the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project in 1973, the man had a key role in the eventual peace between the US and USSR.

If anyone has any of these Astronauts relics or inserts laying around, let me know! Or any Space/NASA related cardboard you're looking to move!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Glad to see you are in collecting mode again. I still have over 450 sealed boxes left, but even so, I STILL have to sniff around target and walmart to see what they have - if only to gawk at them saying I can beat their prices. I saw some 2014 Topps and nearly pulled the trigger on getting one, but I held off. So glad this year's products will have Canseco!

    ReplyDelete