Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Card of the Day

I dug deep into the stack on my desk... which stack? My Nolan Ryan stack of course... to pull out this beauty of a card... I love it...
Great Friends? The old man has the "I will end you, right here, right now" look on his face. All the while, it looks like Nolan is just sizing him up, ready to go all "Robin Ventura Headlock beat down mode". Hell, the old man looks drunk. Cap tipped askew, wild eyes... who let him out of the home for this picture to be taken? I hope none of my "Great Friends" look at me this way...
Wow, the old man played with Ruth? Maybe he got caught jumping in front of the Babe at the buffet table a few too many times and had to get a little crazy to survive. Great card, thanks Pacific.

1 comment:

  1. I remember this subset, when I was younger there'd be 2-3 of them in the packs my mom would bring home from the Dollar Tree. Good memories, thanks for posting about this one.

    ReplyDelete