Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Group Break Look from JABO - Best $8 Spent All Year

I recently participated in JABO's Box Break #5 and for $8 I got REALLY lucky... lets look at my loot... first up, base cards from 2003 Topps Bazooka, 2008 UP SP Authentic, 2005 Topps Chrome and 2003 Fleer Flair:
Wow, these cards really take me back to days of relevancy for the Astros. We had a TEAM, we went to the playoffs, we had EXPECTATIONS!!! Biggio and Bagwell were still mashing the ball and Oswalt was the leader of a young rotation full of potential. We signed Jeff Kent, traded for Beltran, signed Andy & Roger and were on our way to an NLCS and World Series... oh the days of yore...

Plus, there were hits! From Bazooka, an AWESOME Craig Biggio relic I didn't already have!
 And then possibly one of the best pulls I've ever gotten from a group break! A Brad Lidge Topps Chrome 1/1 Black Printing Plate!!!!!
I've juxtaposed the plate next to the card it produced (which I also got in the break). Wow, talk about luck! I would have been happy at the Biggio relic, but then I got super lucky and got the Lidge plate as well!

Thanks Kyle, you run some GREAT breaks over there at JABO's! Keep up the good work, and can't wait to participate in the next one!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's almost as good as the Pujols auto I got!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome printing plate! BTW, your group break cards were mailed this morning. Enjoy the awesome Bagwell Screenplays tin & card!

    ReplyDelete