Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Post for My Wife - It's all about Hollywood...

First of all, I need 3 more people for my group break of 2006 Ovation, a full case! Come on, certainly there's 3 of you out there who want to join the fun! PLENTY of great teams left! Alright, enough about that...

My wife collects a lot of the Hollywood and celebrity sets, specifically anything that has stars from yesteryear. She's a big movie buff and watches a lot of the black-and-white movies that I find hard to keep an attention span while watching. She's opened my mind a bit with getting me to watch It's A Wonderful Life and Gone With The Wind. I can see why they are so popular. Anyways, I've been wanting to show off some of her cards for a while, and there are quite a few that she wouldn't mind parting with if they brought back decent cards of actors she likes in return. Anyways, take a look and I'll give details after each photo:
From top to bottom, we have Redd Foxx numbered 135/500 with a nice multi-color swatch. Then Mr. Tarzan himself, Johnny Weissmuller "Silver Screen" edition, numbered 02/15. Next up, our favorite Hobbit Elijah Wood, an autograph numbered 22/50. Then there's Anthony Quinn "Golden Ere" also coincidentally numbered 22/50. Then we have two "A Piece of Hollywood" pieces from 2009 UD A Piece of History: John Hurt's shirt from Outlander, and a very fuzzy piece of robe from Bruce Lee's Enter The Dragon. Finally, from Breygent's Classic Vintage Movie Posters "Stars, Monsters and Comedy" set, we have a piece of suspender from Bruce Lee's The Way of the Dragon and a piece of Buckwheat's tie from "Tire Trouble" with the Little Rascals. Some pretty interesting pieces there... on to the next set of photos:
Here we have a Maud Adams and Dom DeLuise slabbed autos from Donruss Celebrity Cuts, numbered 39/200 and 39/50 respectively. Then there is a 07/50 Ashley Judd dress swatch. The next is a Mary Pickford card from 2008 Americana numbered 314/400. Finally, from the Breygent Vintage Poster Collection is this sweet looking sketch card of the "Point Blank" promo poster. Finally, two TV stars:
That's a Tori Spelling "Private Signings" (cut off at the bottom) and a Robert Hegyes "Proof" (again cut off on the bottom)shirt swatch numbered 73/73 and 07/25 respectively.

Well, that's not all she has, but it's all she'd be willing to entertain offers on! So if any of you collectors out there have Hollywood cards that you'd be willing to deal, shoot me an e-mail... and go sign up for my group break while you're at it... ok, ok, I'll stop... haha! Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Not a bad collection of stuff she doesn't want. Maybe when Americana hits this summer I will have something to trade. I'm very happy with my non-sport collection, and it's good to hear about someone else interested in the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I wouldn't say "doesn't want"... but rather, would be "willing to upgrade" her collection. She's also looking forward to Americana this summer!

    ReplyDelete