Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Facebook Trade

After one of the trade nights last weekend, I posted a few of the football hits that I got to that shops' Facebook page. I had managed to pull a decent Josh Allen autograph and I quickly got some trade offers. Since I don't collect much football, I usually try and move it pretty quickly! Here's what I managed to pick up in return for the Allen:
The Yuli is a nice parallel out of /50! And while I'm usually not a huge fan of the fake Topps patch things, I'll take whatever Verlander cards I can find depicting him in an Astros uni! Next, a jumbo Keke Coutee swatch /499. Keke had an uneven year as he couldn't ever quite get that hamstring healthy. Hopefully his sophomore season turns out better as a Texan. Always happy to pick up a Deshaun Watson jersey card, this one /99. Let me tell ya, I LOVE Spectra, I think it's Panini's best product in terms of design and execution. Finally, a couple of Justin Reid autographs. This dude had a monster first year, still can't believe we got him in the 3rd round of the draft. The autos are /49 (XR) and /149 (Illusions).

I have found FB a little less reliable as far as trading goes, rather hit or miss, and a lot of the folks I run into on there still think they can make a living off busting packs, but that is part of the hobby I guess.

I've had several people ask me the same question lately: Do you collect just "hits"? My answer: absolutely not. I'm currently working on a spreadsheet to capture all my numbered parallels and inserts. It's a work in progress. But by all means, if you want to trade base, I'm down for that as well. I have a big backlog of products (a lot of Ginter from the past couple years) as well as just random boxes/packs I've opened along the way. 2018 Chronicles is really about the only set I'm building right now, but I'm always game for getting a nice stack of Astros!

Hope you all are having a wonderful week!

3 comments:

  1. I would be happy to put together a stack of Astros cards for you if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TSHenson - absolutely - email me with who you collect, as it doesn't show me your e-mail on this comment - samuelpair@yahoo.com

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. That Verlander manufactured patch card is cool. Love how they captured him wearing it on his jersey sleeve in the photo.

    ReplyDelete