Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

I'm Back...

Well, let us see how many blogrolls I haven't been deleted from...

After nearly 7 months of silence, I return from the dead. I'm not collecting like I used to but I am back in a limited capacity.

Let me explain, back in April, I did something really stupid and blew a bunch of money. I lost track of what I was collecting, how I was collecting and why I was collecting. I sold off 100% of my non-Astros permanent collection. I've gained some perspective. I join a group break here or there, and I stopped buying retail. I also don't have a LCS here in Stinnett, TX so I have nowhere to go buy cards either. I maintained a presence on Twitter, but that's about it.

Yes, I moved. No longer in Alabama, I'm back in the greatest state in the country: Texas. That's my opinion, I'm sticking to it!

So... why come back? Well, I started building up some trade bait and figured, why the heck not. Trading is pretty much the reason I started the blog and that's what I'll be using it for from now on. I subscribe to a couple of monthly boxes (not just cards) and I want to post some reviews from time to time. And, well, I feel like it...

I'm not running breaks, I'm not providing snarky self-congratulating posts, and I'm not acting like I've re-invented the wheel in my collecting world. I buy a Collector's Crate once a month, and I get in a group break or two and I end up with some bait. I still go after Astros primarily (and Nolan Ryan, Craig Biggio, Jeff Bagwell and Lance Berkman specifically). I may trade for a J.J. Watt card if you have one. Other than that, don't get your expectations too high. There is a page on this site (look at the top of this page for "TRADE BAIT" that'll have pictures of my current offerings. I'll post them here too, but if you want to trade, leave a comment or e-mail me. I also have quite a bit of cards on COMC.COM under the seller name "thedailydimwit". If you like something you see there of mine and my price is too high, let me know and I'm sure we can work something out.

I am not sure how many of you still follow this thing, so if you do and you wouldn't mind, just leave me a comment. Everyone doing so will be entered into a contest for a stack of cards from your favorite team.

Here's what I've got in terms of trade bait... let me know if you're interested...
Hello again everyone. Nice to be back.

29 comments:

  1. Who the hell are you and what did you do with the really cute guy that ran the blog before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww yissss, Sam's back! I'll start setting stuff aside for you again so we can trade soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the new Star Wars title so depressing that you can back to us?
    Also, did you bring snacks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there's no snacks, then how about some of that awesome Texas barbecue? Man, I could go for some ribs right now.

      Delete
    2. You want Texas barbecue and then you say you could go for ribs? It's all about the Brisket, man!!! hahaha

      Delete
  4. Glad to have you back. Yours was the first card blog I ever found, poking around the Internet to see what to do with all the extra 2010 Update I had, when your wantlist came up. That was my gateway to discovering that card blogging was a thing, reading way too much about cardboard every day, and then starting my own blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still showing up on my blogroll! But my standards are obviously pretty low.
    Just kidding! Welcome back to the Lone Star state!

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome back, good news that now it's easier to follow your team.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good to see you back in the blog rolls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back.

    That Eric Davis is RIDICULOUS, but I've no idea what I have laying around in your wheelhouse that I could use to land it. Lemme think about that a bit, if no one's tried to snag it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see you back! I am loving that Panda Giants patch. Let me see if I can figure something out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you saying my new wheel design isn't going to work? Also, welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back. Still on my blogroll as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Think what everyone here is getting at is that a lot of people were waiting and hoping you would be back. Glad to see it's true!

    And Texas being the greatest state isn't an opinion, it's a scientific fact. Like gravity.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very glad you're back my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're still flowing through to the Land of the Rising Sun. I wish I had something to offer for some of that trade bait, too! Happy you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Neat to have you back. I'd take that Yelich off your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too late for the contest, but glad to see you back to blogging -- and back to a state that actually has a major league baseball team.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome back! I'm interested in the Gausman Triple Threads card. I have a 2010 Delino DeShields Jr Refractor Autograph to offer for it. LMK!

    ReplyDelete
  18. SAMUEL! I always believed in my heart you would return.

    He has risen from the depths of Astros' purgatory!

    Welcome back dude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, shit, I may as well ask that you set the Kemp relic aside for me, if it's still available and you wouldn't mind.

      Delete