Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

The New Goal for 2013

Rather than list out a bunch of stuff that I'm never going to get around to completing... I've got one goal I'm going to share this year, a subset goal that I think is rather obtainable...
That's right! SILK!!!! I want to get a collection of all the Silk Astros that have been made from 2008 Topps to Current Year! These cards are legitimately low numbered, they aren't over-valued by collectors unless it's a huge star (and let's face it, it's not like I'll be chasing HOF'ers here) and most can be found on the secondary market.

I've made myself a preliminary checklist of ones that I don't have or ones at least that I'm aware of... as I've researched this, I think I get to a final list each year just to find that I missed someone along the way, so if you are aware of any other Astros not on my list then please let me know! Here are the cards that I know are in each year's set:

2008 Topps:
Hunter Pence
Carlos Lee
Lance Berkman - GOT IT
Jose Valverde - GOT IT

2009 Topps:
Hunter Pence
Jose Valverde - GOT IT
Roy Oswalt
Lance Berkman
Ty Wiggington
Carlos Lee - GOT IT

2010 Topps: 
Miguel Tejada
Lance Berkman
Hunter Pence
Michael Bourn - GOT IT
Carlos Lee
Geoff Blum
Bud Norris - GOT IT
Roy Oswalt - GOT IT

2011 Topps:
Brett Wallace
Roy Oswalt
Hunter Pence
Carlos Lee - GOT IT
Humberto Quintero - GOT IT
Wandy Rodriguez - GOT IT
Michael Bourn - GOT IT
Jason Bourgeois - GOT IT
Mark Melancon - GOT IT
Angel Sanchez - GOT IT

2012 Topps:
Lucas Harrell - GOT IT
Wandy Rodriguez
Carlos Lee - GOT IT

2013 Topps:
Jose Altuve - GOT IT

7 comments:

  1. Good luck ! I don't think I have any, of any player or team, so if you see any Tribe silks in your quest, LMK !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Note to self: upbid all Astros silks on eBay. :)

    Seriously - I know my LCS has a few silks in a case. Let me see which ones they have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice challenge, i like these silk ones !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for picking up the Valverde off of my COMC page. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silks, a few years after their release, are relatively easy to obtain. I picked up and Aaron Hill from a 3/$1 box at a card show and flipped it for about $7 with shipping to Canuckada. Bidding on a JP Arencibia ending late tonight and the bid is only $.99. Best of luck, I'll keep an eye out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got a 2011 Angel Sanchez Silk #'d 41/50. There a pic of it on my 'trade bait' page....I'd gladly trade it for some sort of Blue Jays card if you were interested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If anyone needs Silks , My Local card Shop Triple Play Sportscards Has these.
    They are at tpsc.net
    2008 Topps #SC33 Carlos Beltran - METS - $14
    2008 Topps #SC161 Andrew Miller - MARLINS - $8.40
    2008 Topps #SC180 Max Scherzer - DIAMONDBACKS - $14
    2008 Topps #SC192 Grady Sizemore - INDIANS - $21
    2009 Topps #S112 Nick Markakis - ORIOLES - $25
    2009 Topps #S294 Ramon Castro - WHITE SOX - $10
    2010 Topps 206 Mini Framed Silk #S38 Jason Bay - METS - $10.50
    2010 Topps #S135 Brandon Webb /50 - DIAMONDBACKS - $11.25
    2011 Topps #224 Aaron Harang / 50 - ? - $ 7
    2012 Topps #SC96 Matt LaPorta - iNDIANS - $17.50

    ReplyDelete