Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Trade Bait Draft Set and today's card!

Alright everyone, after hearing back from a majority of participants in the break, it looks like Thursday March 22nd at 7:30pm central is going to work best. I've got everyone's money at this point, and we'll start the draft promptly at 7:30pm. I'll post the ustream link once we get closer to actual drafting!

If you're not going to attend, I'll need your spreadsheet back by that time or else I pick for you!!!!

Today's card of the day (since I've slacked off on posting lately, work has been hell this week):

With Heritage coming out this week, I saw this card and thought I'd post it:
2001 Upper Deck Vintage... otherwise known as: Hey Topps We're Going To Rip Off a Vintage Design of Yours and You'll Just Have To Be Ok With That (but we added a black bar across the bottom!!!)

Here's the back:
Yea, so for all intents and purposes, they ripped off the design in my opinion. But hey, that's the kind of crap that led them to lose their license, right?

It's a great card in my opinion! It's classic Craig and there's no doubt he's a first ballot HOF next year. It's going to be a tough year for voters as there are a BUNCH of guys eligible with strong resumes. However, Craig is well liked and doesn't have any hint of scandal that many of the others do. I'm really hoping he makes it in as the voters choose to go with a guy who not only has the numbers to back-up his election, but was a squeaky clean guy on & off the field!

Have a good day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I think the Topps rip-off has to do with the fact that O-Pee-Chee was the Canadian version of Topps and printed identical sets. Sometime down the line, Upper Deck bought out O-Pee-Chee and therefore had the rights to make sets this way without any kind of copyright infringement (like that's stopped them before). There's probabl several inaccuracies in there, but I think the similarities to the Topps designs have something to do with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sey because they used clay stock. I don't have a clue how you infuse clay into paper but it made for a nice feel to the cards.

    ReplyDelete