Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Short Trip Through Houston...

So the wife and I left Thursday for a short weekend trip to Houston. We had the memorial service for my friend Alex Saturday afternoon. It was a great send off to a friend that will be missed by many. It was amazing to see the massive number of people who gathered at his mother's house to honor him... ok, before I get any more dust in my eyes.......

While I was in Houston, I delivered the group break loot for my buddy Matt over at DocHoloday... he's a big Red Sox fan and was geeked to get his hands on the cards from his first ever group break. We also sat down and put a bit of a trade together revolving around sending some Red Sox cards his way that have sat in my "for trade" binder for a bit. I added some non-Astros, so it turned into a "refresh the trade bait" kind of trade, which I'm always ok with... especially when I can tease Spankee with two of these...
The Choice was more of a prospect gamble, hoping he turns out. The Zimmerman's were a calculated move in an ongoing trade discussion with Spankee revolving around any and all Hollywood relics and Astros pulled from his A Piece of History binge. Haha...

Hope everyone had a great weekend, outside of the 15 hours spent driving back and forth, it was a great weekend and a chance to catch up with old friends, see some family and pay tribute to a great friend.

Have a great week everyone...

2 comments:

  1. ooohooohoooooOOOoooOOOOooohh. me likey. You are just becoming the Zimmerman King these past couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to go to the service for your friend. Judging from the comments on your original post, he was a cool guy who touched a lot of lives.

    ReplyDelete