Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Trade Post - BA Benny and MR. Thoughts and Sox

I've got a trade post to do but I've got a small problem... I accidentally already binder paged the cards that were sent to me... eeks... This makes it a little tough, hard to scan in cards already put away, or do a video... So, here's what I'll do: just tell you what I got!

So, Mike over at BA Benny's contacted me after my 2007 Upper Deck Masterpieces box break, interested in the Jeter box loader and some additional cards. We ended up swapping box loaders, he sent me the 5"x7" Reggie Jackson, which looks really nice. It is up for trade if any of you Yankees fans want it. He also sent me a bunch of Astros cards, and a HUGE chunk of cards from my 2007 Bowman Heritage Need List. These additions have been reflected. Finally, he sent me two SWEET cards: a Lance Berkman Turkey Red Jersey card and a Roy Oswalt 2010 Topps Black Border numbered 48/59. Thanks Mike, always a pleasure trading with you! We've already got another trade in the works, so be prepared for another blog post soon!

The second trade is with Adam at Thoughts and Sox. This is the guy who just beat the tar out of me in our fantasy football league championship game, but we worked out a trade nonetheless! He sent me over 50 cards from my 2009 Allen & Ginter, 2010 Topps Series 2 and 2007 Bowman Heritage need lists! Thanks Adam! I stopped by the card shop today and think I got a couple of cards you'll like for winning the fantasy football championship. Hopefully we can work out another trade soon so I can make it worth the postage to ship these to you.

I'm getting dangerously close to finishing off 2009 A&G, 2010 A&G and 2010 Topps Series 2 thanks to these recent trades. The last card I need for 2010 A&G is should be in the mail in the next few days. As I finish off these want lists, I'm going to be adding two more want lists: 2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces and 2009 Upper Deck A Piece of History. This is part of my New Years Resolution to get organized - stop leaving uncompleted sets hanging out there 5-10 cards from completion! So, as I get some knocked off the list, I'll be adding a couple straggling sets to the list. Hopefully, thanks to all of you who've traded with me, I'll be organized to a point where I have a collection that I can not only show off, but that isn't riddled with incomplete pages!

I do want to thank all of you who read my blog. I am trying to provide as much content as possible while still getting in a post every day. I don't know how long I can keep up the 1-a-day pace (especially on weekends) but I am going to give it a shot! Thanks again Adam and Mike for these trades!

3 comments:

  1. That's been one of my fears, that someday I'll binder cards before scanning them to give their trader his/her proper due.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the cards you sent today also. Thanks.

    If you get me a lost of those 08 Masterpiece I can work on those set needs for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam,

    I've got the 2008 Masterpieces need list posted now. I post-dated it to put keep my contest at the front of the blog. Thanks man.

    ReplyDelete