Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Floating an idea out into the blog-o-sphere...

Hello to all of my readers! I have had a preliminary conversation or two with some people and I'd like to present a small idea, plant a seed for everyone to think about and consider. Let it soak into the spongy gray matter and ruminate a little while...

Here's the deal: I listen to several different podcasts throughout the week and just recently found the podcast over at Sports Card Radio that I really like. It got me to thinking... there aren't enough sports card podcasts. But I am a lone collector in Houston. How do I make this relevant to other people who might actually stumble through iTunes and find it? Well, that's when I had what I thought would be a great idea: get a bunch of bloggers involved! What I'm thinking is for me to be a co-host, with the other co-host being another blogger each week or episode. Whether it would be a scheduled rotation or someone simply volunteering on a weekly basis to avoid just listening me drone on and on... well we'll figure that out later. From what I can read out there in the web, using Skype and decent headsets, the audio quality shouldn't be a problem. My wife is confident she can do the audio editing to mix in some music and/or break it down into segments. I am thinking it could be a weekly deal. E-mails and phone calls could be exchanged during the week to clarify content, put some subject matter together, get some rapport built-up. Topics are somewhat limitless... trades, new releases, hobby news, actual baseball, fantasy baseball, blogging, movies...

Well, let me know what you all think. If there is enough interest I'll start putting together the supplies, software and hardware needed to pulling these things together! Email me if you have interest in co-hosting, leave a comment if you'd listen to such a podcast. Thanks everyone!!!

6 comments:

  1. That's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea. I used to listen to a Transformers (toy) podcast each week and their format was similar to what you suggested. I'd throw my name in the hat if my laptop were up to speed with the technical requirements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to get involved with something like this and with us living (relatively) close together I could even to some "in studio" appearances. Let me know what I can help you with in this project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There can never be enough sports card podcasts... great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Matt. We not far from each other either. Just joined your blog too. Come check mine out.

    ReplyDelete