Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Don't Call it a Comeback

Well, the breaking thing was fun. I won't get too much into it, but I will say it was my decision to step away.

So, I'm back to being on the collecting side of the hobby! And I'm actually pretty happy about it. I haven't been stagnant in collecting over the past 6-8 months, but I've been pretty focused. I've picked up quite a bit of Astros stuff focused on picking up Biggio, Correa, Bregman, Ryan and Altuve. I also managed to pick up a nice 1/1 Deshaun Watson relic.

Anyways, I've also picked up quite a bit of trade bait and interesting cards. I need to get reorganized and while I do have team trade bait pages on the side bar, they aren't incredibly accurate right now. So, that'll be my goal in the coming days. In the mean time, I'll keep showing off some stuff that I have picked up, as well as some trade bait. Here's the first batch:
A nice Cody Bellinger /49 auto dual relic. Cody struck out a lot in the World Series, but he was a threat at the plate each time he was there. He isn't going anywhere.
Next up, an AWESOME Cal Ripken Jr. auto from 2016 Topps Tribute. The surface grade of 8.5 really drags this card down, but it's still a great looking card. 
Finally, this beautiful Kris Bryant auto from Elite Extra Edition /324. Why /324? Who knows with Panini, they like weird numbers. But a 9.5 grade makes it even better!

I'm always open to trades, and it's something I want to get back into more than anything really. I miss getting and sending packages full of cards. If you have some Astros or Texans, let me know you're team and I can let you know what I have for trade!

I know it'll take some time for people to find my blog again, but I'm going to do my best to be consistent, write and blog my collecting!

8 comments:

  1. Good to read you, and some really nice pickups there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saaaaaam! Welcome back officially my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad we have our Dimwit back! Woo Hoo! If those are the non-Astros you're willing to trade, then I can't wait to see some of the goods you did focus on while you were away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you're back! Sweet cards. I'm especially fond of that acetate Ripken autograph.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay....I'm just getting caught up on reading since I've been on the road. Awesome that you are back!

    ReplyDelete