Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

A couple of trades... and a couple of pick-ups...

Good morning everyone... what a way to start a Monday! Over the weekend and late last week, I got several packages in...

First up, from reader Andrew:
I can't say I'm a huge fan of Panini's logo-less cards, but the actual card design is pretty sweet and it's numbered /25 and what a great auto by the Toy Cannon. Thanks Andrew!

Next up, an eBay pick-up. I told myself that I wasn't going to buy any boxes of Tier One and I'm darn near close to picking up all the cards I want from that set for far less than the cost of a box. Here's the first relic I picked up:
What a great looking card! Another one out of /25! The OCD part of me wishes the pinstripe matched up closer, or if they are going to call it a triple relic, to use three different colors/types of jersey, but who cares because they PUT AN ASTRO IN THE SET!!!!!

Another eBay pick up, I got in a bidding war with FieldLevelView for a different one of these, and ended up getting this one for about the same price in the end...
I really like the silk cards from A&G this year, they look great and anything numbered /10 is just awesome. Goes to show you that it doesn't have to be a quad-patch-RC-Auto-SICK-booklet-bat-knob to get my attention. :)

Finally, a trade from a blogger that I hadn't had the pleasure of dealing with in a while, The Troll. Mainly because he's been on a bit of a hiatus, but something about A&G this year has awoken the troll from his peaceful slumber... he sent me some A&G, I am sending him some A&G, everyone is happy!
As we all know, I didn't bust much retail this year so I didn't get many of the Curious Cases inserts on my own. I still need a few but the Troll was able to clear off 4 of my needs, plus some great mini's! Thanks bud!

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment: