Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

I Interrupt This Tribute for an AWESOME trade, and eBay pickup...

First up, we have Greg from Plashke, Thy Sweater is Argyle. We have been bandying a trade back and forth now for about 2 months... adding a little here and there... out of the blue, he mailed his side of the trade. So it was a great surprise to open the mail and find this:
A nice buyback of a guy I never heard of, a crazy looking refractor of Arian Foster, and a purple parallel of a Bowman prospect who the Astros released earlier this year! Haha! Ok, so I had some fun with that but those are awesome cards!

The meat of the deal... a SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET Berkman patch!!!!
I don't think I ever heard of UD Premier, it's a nice looking set! This one is numbered /75, one patch is from the uniform number for sure, and the other is from the "Astros" or "Houston" emblazoned across his chest... 

And the big card of the deal:
If only I could train my scanner to ignore Carlos Lee! Haha! Ok, so I think that Lee swatch is from an All-Star or WBC jersey, but that's definitely part of the Majestic logo! The Pence relic is kind of blah, but the Berkman has a nice pin-stripe!

Thanks Greg for another great trade!!!

Before I wrap this up, I am going to totally overshadow Gregs deal with a card I picked up off eBay... my first EVER book card (Sorry Jeff, I know the one you're trading me is on the way soon, but I had to get this one!)...
I don't care if it doesn't fit right on the webpage... this thing is ridiculously awesome and it's going to be on "X-Large" setting. Ryan, Pettitte, Clemens, Oswalt, Berkman and Biggio???? Two patches???? Some rainbow Nolan love???? I picked this up for less than the LOW Beckett book value! Ridiculous! I am super pumped that this is my first book card and such great subjects! I am really surprised the guy accepted my offer, but I'm SOOOOO glad he did.

Thanks for stopping by everyone!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Holy Cardboard, Batman!
    That Berkman is sick, but that book is N.A.S.T.Y.!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta admit - that book beats the one I am sending you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the book uses five different Astros jerseys. VERY cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you liked the cards!

    and that's a SICK booklet! surprised there's no Bagwell though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some sweet patches. The Lee swatch is from a 2006 All-Star game warmup jersey.

    ReplyDelete