Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

$10 Beckett.com Card Shop Challenge

So I decided to enter this contest and headed to my card shop to see what I could find for $10. Luckily for me, Howard just bought a bunch of 1951 and 1952 Bowman from a guy and they weren't in the greatest of condition. They had been corner pocket-ed to a page with a piece of tape holding the top center of the card to the page. I looked through the collection and decided it would come down to a really cool looking card of a HOF'er that I've always admired...
You can see the tape damage a bit around his head, and I'll tell ya now, the corners are no where near as sharp as they look in the scan. But I really liked this card and am glad Beckett ran the contest or I'd never have ended up with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment