Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Redeemed - A Panini Story

I'm not trying to dog on Panini today, I'm really not. They have their flaws, to a lesser extent than Topps does, but both companies continue to fail at one thing pretty consistently: redemption fulfillment.

I get it, you want to put together a great product, but you can't always guarantee that the cards will be signed and returned timely. Thus, you use those horrid stickers. Then you make a product where you guarantee on-card autos. Short of sending a rep with the cards to the player's house and sitting with him while he signs all 10,000 of them, then fly back - again I get it, there's not much you can do. Wait... I thought that's what you SHOULD be doing.

Anywho... I redeemed this one a while back and sat patiently by the mail box. Finally, months later, it has arrived...
First of all, sorry for the horrible picture - but due to the Optic "chrome" nature of this one, it was near impossible to get a good angle on it, anyone got tips on how to take a pic of these type of cards without the glare and reflection problems? Anywho, let's get to what Panini did RIGHT here... Great looking on card auto and used a photo where the lack of logo doesn't kill the card. Well done Panini.

Also, I'm digging the Panini CS stickers holding the card in, I'm converting all my storage of hits from binders to top loaders anyways so now I don't even have to remove this beaut from the holder!

Have a great day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. You're right about the photo not obviously showing the missing logo, but that is not the most flattering photo of Altuve. Heck, you can hardly even see his face and it's like he's missing his arms.
    Panini does good stuff. I wish they had licensing rights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you received your card. Still waiting on a Conforto autograph from a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been finding that if you use indirect but hard sourced light (ie: overhead cans or track lighting), or, obviously, photo grade stuff, they turn out ok. I should do a tutorial ;)

    And yeah, that sticker is considerably better than the 2" mega sticker Topps uses.

    Always love the on-card autos.

    ReplyDelete