Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Boooooooring...

I know, this blog is boring. It's kind of stuck in a rut right now. Here's the deal: at the end of December, I was basically laid off. There weren't any more construction projects for the two companies I had previously worked for so they couldn't just keep me on overhead in these trying financial times (sarcasm font in full effect). Oil and Gas just isn't what it used to be. Anywho, I've moved back to Colorado and been on the look for work. We have some savings and it's been a bit of a welcome respite after 8+ years on the road moving from one construction site to the next. So, while it's been great to be home and relaxed, the downside is that my "card budget" went from "pretty decent" to "NOTHING" pretty fast.

So, while I don't really have anything to share as far as new cards and purchases, certainly there must be something else to chat about right? What about you? What are some go-to topics when you hit when you're in a buying freeze? What do you do to get the writing juices going again?

I really should be spending this time organizing the collection - you should see my desk right now, it's a nightmare. Speaking of nightmares, we have filled in our time by playing a lot of board games. We recently picked up Mansions of Madness, part of the Arkham Horror series of games that loosely follow the H.P. Lovecraft stories. Ok, I'm rambling, y'all have a good one.

6 comments:

  1. I'm not in a place where I can spend a lot on baseball cards either right now. One of my ideas to keep the blog active is my ranking of all 30 MLB teams, one per post in a countdown of sorts. It's been fun and I enjoy reading other people's thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear of your temporary plight. Once my backlog of cards is caught up with, I too will be looking for something else to blog about, as I won't be having a lot of cards coming in later in the year (other than a couple of card shows). I don't know if it would be of interest to anyone else, but I certainly wouldn't mind hearing more about these board games :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been motivated to write either... but lack of material hasn't been my problem. It's just laziness.

    As for blogging... I'm with Jon. Maybe you could write reviews of these board games. One of my favorite YT channels involves board game reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your work situation improves soon! In the meantime, you can always talk about the sports themselves. (Although, baseball has been pretty boring itself lately - thank God for Spring Training!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know me, I always babble about design stuff, but that's just my niche. Other than that, I complain about things. Sometimes I do both in combination.

    I learned a long time ago that it's a lot more fun to blog only when you feel like it. Takes the pressure off ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also forgot to mention that I'd love to read about your board games!!

    ReplyDelete