Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

More eBay Pick-Ups!

So my LCS has an eBay store that they run for both their own cards, and as a consignment shop for all of us loyal customers. So I try to go through every once in a while and see what deals lurk within... The first card in the scan, I just got off ebay, the rest are all BigHitSportsCards purchases!
First up, the #2/5 Altuve Hometown Currency card from 2013 Gypsy Queen. This was the only "hit" the Astros had in the product. With only 5 produced I thought my odds were not good in getting one of these, luckily I found an auction that ended mid-week and sniped it. There is one currently at auction (#4/5) which is already $12+ more than I paid for mine! Ok, as for the rest, a couple of Tribute base cards for my set! Followed by two cards from the past two #1 overall picks: Appel and Correa! I had ZERO cards of either, now I have a couple of GU. Still not a fan of the Donruss Elite Edition no logos look but I do like this card! Next up, currently injured pitcher Alex White for the Astros and then a dual relic of Roger and Roy. Finally, I got the '75 Topps Highlight card for 99 cents! Woo hoo!
Now for the non-baseball section, an autograph of current Texans TE Garrett Graham and a relic for injured receiver DeVier Posey, who came on strong at the end of last year but then tore his Achilles in the last game of the season. Hopefully he heals up. Finally an auto I wanted for a long time. Brian Ching. I don't watch a lot of soccer but I did enjoy seeing the Houston Dynamo play from time to time. Ching has been a mainstay of the team since they came to Houston, so I decided to pick this one up on the cheap!

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

1 comment: