Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wow it's been a while!!!! HERE'S A CONTEST!!!!!!

Good evening everyone... I've been a MAJOR slacker on the blogging lately. Life has been busy, the holidays have been crazy and well honestly the hobby is in a bit of a slump period when it comes to baseball cards. I don't really bother with football, basketball or any of the minor sports. I am a die-hard Texans fan, just don't collect the cards. My card collection is dis-organized and unruly enough as it is, don't need to be adding more craziness in the mix. Some day I'm going to pull all of my basketball and football cards and do one hell of a giveaway or contest! But for the time being, I'll keep buying discounted blasters wherever I can find them. I also am continuing to trade cards. I have a couple of posts I need to get up and scans I need to do of trades. They are coming (rhubarb)... I also got my Red Hot Rookies redemption of Jose Tabata, which really is a cool card and they managed to keep it from being a super bendy chrome type... but in lieu of trade posts and scans, I give you the following massive video (b/c youtube finally extended me past the 15 minute length restriction)... 99% of the cards in here are for trade, just let me know if there's something you're interested in!


In fact, I'll do a little contest here right now... for all my extremely faithful readers. Put a comment on this post of any 5 cards you want out of this video. I'll do a randomization on Friday around noon-ish and whoever wins will get those 5 cards, plus one bonus card of my choosing (hint hint, it'll probably be your favorite team and most likely a quality insert!!!!). The only cards off-limit are the Nolan Ryan All-Time Great from 06 Upper Deck and the 4 UD 20th Anniversary Cards. All other cards are in play! If you need clarification on any of the cards, email me at samuelpair@yahoo.com and I'll answer any questions. What the heck, if you link this contest on your site and EMAIL ME A LINK then I'll give you an extra entry in the randomization. Good luck everyone! Hope you are all having a great holiday... and thanks for reading my blog and watching my goofball videos... (and my half-sincere apologies to Yankees fans, I don't really hate Jeter... well kinda...) See you all on Friday!

11 comments:

  1. I will pick any 5 of the Mets and/or Yankees from the SP Blasters. I didn't buy much of that so I could surely use them. I have some of the 07 Bowman Heritage if you decide to chase that set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I didn't see one Twin card in there, so I guess I would pick any 5 cards of any of these guys, since I would like to instigate a trade:
    http://phale28.blogspot.com/2010/11/specific-players.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sign me up for the 5 Mariners cards I saw. I know I could use a couple of them for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to have the Roy Oswalt, Chase Utley Faces of the Game, Cole Hamels Foil, Jamie Moyer, and the Jimmy Rollins. Thanks for the contest. Merry CLIFFmas and HapLEE New Year to you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Kemps, Kershaw, Billingsley, and the foil Hamels.

    I'm so down to trade for the Billingsley relic. I'll send you an e-mail in about 1 minute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll put in for the Wright, Fernando Martinez, Jeter, and Posada cards from Bowman, and the Brian Wilson from Upper Deck. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. E-mail sent. If you get something from "Kemp Kershaw", that'd be me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For my entry, I pick the Reds Checklist (b/c it's Griffey) and the Bob Feller card from '06 UD, and the Jay Bruce and Felix SP cards, plus the other Jay Bruce card (there were two Jay Bruce cards, right? If not, a random Red will do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll take the Hoffpauir Heritage, Mabry UD, Fukudome SP, Dempster Icons, and the Mulder relic. Don't judge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The '07 Bowman Heritage blaster was thrilling, since I'm working on this set. Please sign me up for the Heritage cards of Derek Jeter, Jake Peavy, Zach Mcallister, Travis Buck, and the black bordered Akinori Iwamura. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that was fast. I'd like the Nats players and Crawford shiny from the Bowman Heritage. From the UD Icons, the Billingsley jersey and the Josh Hamilton, just because I'm trying to paint my hotrod fenders like his arms.

    Thanks for the contest.

    ReplyDelete