Pages

Saturday, December 2, 2017

2017 Star Wars Masterwork

So the wife and I spent a little on each other at Thanksgiving and we got some Star Wars Masterwork cards! We were very impressed and happy with the cards! They are high quality and the checklist is pretty good in terms of signers, relics and such. Here's the loot:
The top two vertical autos are the base version, the bottom two are the foil variation /50. The top horizontal auto is foil /50 as well. Then there is the silver border /10 horizontal! Man it's awesome in person, heavy! Love the auto variations and designs. Each master box has 2 autos. I feel I did pretty fair with mine, there are two more lurking lower in this post that are AMAZING!!!! I love the artist sketch card I got as well. It's a "wood" variation and I think it just looks awesome, may keep that one. Finally, the animation cels, which I think are an awesome addition to this set. They are each 1/1, and while they don't sell for a lot, I just think it's awesome to have REAL animation cels included in a product instead of another "manufactured" relic... oh, how timely...
These medallions...hmmmm... the only good thing I can say about them is that they are numbered to /150. At least there is some sense of scarcity to them. The film relics are cool too, I had hoped they would scan better, as I got some good ones with major characters showing up in each.

Ok, so now for the autos I teased! Behold!
Yea, I couldn't bring myself to remove them from the mag holders to scan them. First is Forest Whitaker and it's a gold variation /25! WOW! I was pretty happy to get this well known of an actor! Then there is the purple /10 beauty that has Gwendoline Christie and John Boyega. These are both headed to eBay eventually - I think I'm going to wait until after the 15th to post the dual auto! That is, unless one of you fellow Star Wars nerds makes me an offer I can't refuse! 

Have a great day, and do yourself a favor: pick up a box or two of this product! It's well worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulation on all your great pulls! The Forest Whitaker auto is especially cool.

    ReplyDelete