Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Whoa #3


Wow, ok guys, so there's now three new posts... I guess I'm back. I promise nothing. But I've got the computer set up now where I may have a little easier access to post more regularly... we'll see how this goes.

So, obviously I've hit it big with this now 3rd awesome card and 1 more to show in the next post. Let me explain... the hotwit and I have been living in the barren wasteland known as the "Texas Panhandle" for almost 3 years now, after living in Mobile, AL for almost three years. Yea, I'll be here a while still, not sure how long, but a while. Recently, a friend from Mobile asked us to attend his organization's Mardi Gras Ball and parade. So last weekend we flew down to Mobile and had a blast. Part of the trip was an amazing trip to my old LCS down in Spanish Fort, AL - BigHit Sports Cards. If you are EVER in the area, you need to stop by, Nathan (the owner of the sports cards part of the business) is probably one of the best card shop owners alive. Great guy. If you have any doubts, go look up BigHit Sports Cards Breaks group on FB and watch the videos, he gets really excited over Big Hits for his customers.

Anywho, while we were there, he got a fresh case of 2016 Prime Cuts in. It started with "I'll just open a box." The top card on the first pack was the Gehrig. It got my blood pumping and next thing you know, I'm hitting the Griffey 3/3 (as well as tomorrow's 1/1) in box 3. With no book or cut auto hit yet, the hotwit urged me on to keep opening and finally hit this beauty in the final box. I have a bunch of cards from this case, if you want to see pictures of them all then head to my twitter feed (@thedimwit) to check them all out.

So, I'm back. I've been collecting all along, just haven't been posting anything here - but been pretty active on twitter.

I know there are some of you that I owe cards to (Dennis B, Jeroen B, I'm looking at you). I'm working on it. Getting a stack of already packaged cards out to the mailbox is my next big goal. I've got some work to do. If you feel I've stiffed you in any way, or have a trade I failed to mail on, e-mail me (samuelpair@yahoo.com) and I'll make it right, you may just have to remind me what we had going, I'm sure I'll have to dig up some old e-mails as well. Kindly let me know if your address has changed as well.

I've still kept all you bloggers' feeds in my RSS feed list, so I've kept up with y'all all along. Here's to hoping I'm better this time around and can keep finding the fun and join in it all.

As always, if you have Astros, let me know. I'm not so much set building any more as much as I'm just adding key cards to the PC - and of course ripping anything I can get my hands on!

8 comments:

  1. Well, welcome back! That's one heckuva beautiful book card of two fun Cubs*.

    *wipes away drool from chin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you were collecting all along... and glad you're back on the keyboard. All three of the cards you posted are beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Looking forward to more posts/hits from the Dimwit catalog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knew you couldn't stay away ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I ever pull any amazing Astros cards, I'll come calling for this one! Just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back ! No clue what you owe me but always feel free to send me a package of course :-)) great to see you back !

    ReplyDelete