Pages

Monday, June 8, 2015

Recent PC Pick Ups!

So along with wanting to trade more on the blog, I also want to show off my stuff. Almost everything in this post will be eBay or Twitter pick-ups, along with some trades I've forgotten to brag on. If these are cards I got from one of you in trade, I'm sorry for being a bad post-er of trades and I will be better...
Clemens in two uniforms is just cool. Schefter is part of a new section of my PC: TV Announcers and Personalities - this includes my Larry King swatch and my Erin Andrews autograph. Just some random Astros and Texans pick ups in there as well.

So I went a little Biggio crazy and snatched up some great cards. I will say the GQ and Tribute were eBay pick ups, but the Museum Collection is straight from Wes over at JayBarkerFan's Junk; he actually pulled it while at my former LCS in Spanish Fort, Alabama so a huge thanks for the deal, I sent him a Hammerin' Hank Aaron autograph that I got from a group break. My big question on the GQ mini book is this: where did the black and white patch come from. I can't remember the Astros having that much black in any uniform with the stark white patching.
Again, more random Texans and a nice Springer numbered out of just 25 from National Treasure. Oh what Panini could do with a license, this card would look amazing with logos and such.

Well, that wraps this post up, hopefully I don't go another 2-3 months before I post again...

4 comments:

  1. What color were the letters when the Astros had the black uniforms in the early 2000's? Could it be part of the MinuteMaid Park inaugural season patch from 2000?

    http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/059vdba8xygvqj6shc0h65zxt/Houston_Astros/2000/Stadium_Logo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh.. Oooh.. Could be a 1998 All-Star game jersey. They were black that year since the game was in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pickups! I love the look of the Jon Singleton relic with the creamsicle jersey, and those Biggio's are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - it's been almost 3 months since this post. Just thought I would mention that.

    Do I win something? :)

    ReplyDelete